Sunday, December 5, 2010

The world or so it seems

Here I stand bare
exposed to the world
Poked and prodded
until stabbing becomes best
no need to keep me down
when all i do is rest

mending the broken
or so it shall seem
fixing the oddities in life's perfect reflection

How a dreary rain seems to call out my best
How a simple request makes me tremble
the anger i do not mean to cause
the tears you do not realize have fallen

In war its only seconds before blood is shed
Those who seek refuge are hostage
Fighting is hopeless
When in the end the winner always dies

So shall i stay to rot away
or simple let them consume
pushing myself deeper towards the end
farther and farther from view
surrounded by the dead and free
cackling at my plea

I shall run and ruin myself
as that's the way it must be
in this world normal is death
and this world freedom ain't free
there will always be a price on happiness
and as I needn't pay the fee

No comments:

Post a Comment